Carolina Sporting and Security abides by all Federal Regulations regarding hazardous material shipped through United States Postal Service. A hazardous material is any article or substance designated by the U.S. Department of Transportation as being capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety, or property during transportation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Minor Blast/Minor Projection Hazard — Ammunition
- Oxidizing Substances — Batteries
- Flammable Solids — Black Powder
- Flammable and combustible liquid — Cleaners, oil, and aerosol cans
If you wish to order any hazardous material, you must provide a physical address for shipment through UPS.
Magazine Ordering Restrictions
Carolina Sporting and Security abides by all state regulations regarding the sale of high capacity magazines. We DO NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to the states listed below. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines.
It is the customer’s responsibility for understanding state laws regarding magazine capacities. Customers ordering magazines that are illegal to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee.
STATES WITH APPLIED MAGAZINE RESTRICTIONS
- California — No magazines greater than 10 rounds
- Colorado — No magazines greater than 15 rounds, effective July 1st, 2013
- Boulder — No magazines greater than 10 rounds
Connecticut — 10 Rounds and less with a valid permit.
Hawaii — No magazines greater than 10 rounds
Illinois (North Chicago) — No rifle magazines greater than 16 rounds
- Aurora, Skokie, Chicago, Evanston — No rifle magazines greater than 15 rounds
- Highland Park, Cook County, Dolton, Homewood, Deerfield — No rifle magazines greater than 10 rounds
- Deerfield — No shotgun magazines over 5 rounds
Indiana (South Bend) — No magazines greater than 15 rounds
Maryland — No magazines greater than 10 rounds October 1st, 2013
Massachusetts — No sales. We will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
New York — No magazines greater than 10 rounds
New Jersey — No magazines greater than 15 rounds
Vermont — No rifle magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped as of April 13, 2018. No pistol magazines over 15 rounds effective immediately.
Washington D.C. — No Sales. We will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia.
We will not ship high capacity magazines for CA customers to a High Capacity Magazine Dealer. High Capacity Magazine Dealers in CA may place orders with us directly.
MAGAZINE RESTRICTION EXCEPTIONS
- Law enforcement officers must provide both their credentials and a letterhead signed by their department's superior officer stating that the magazine will either be used in the execution of the L.E.O.'s duties, or off duty. We only recognize City Police Officers, County Sheriff Deputies, and State Police (including Highway Patrol) as L.E.O.’s.
- Some of the states listed above may not have L.E.O. exemptions. Please contact us BEFORE placing your order.
Ammunition Ordering Restrictions
Carolina Sporting and Security abides by all state regulations regarding the sale of ammunition.
- You are at least 21 years of age (for handgun ammunition) or 18 years of age (for rifle ammunition).
- By purchasing ammunition, you are not violating any local, state, or federal laws.
- You have not been convicted of any felony, a misdemeanor of domestic abuse, and you are not chemically dependent.
- You have no legal restraint that would prohibit you from possessing, ordering, owning, or transferring ammunition.
- You have never been committed to any mental institution, or been adjudicated as mentally defective. You will not sell ammunition to any minor.
- You cannot have ammunition shipped to a post office box.
- You do not live in a state, city, or county that prohibits you from owning, purchasing, or transferring ammunition.
- Customers who order ammunition in states prohibiting the order of ammunition will have their orders cancelled and a 5% restocking fee will be charged.
WE WILL NOT SHIP AMMUNITION TO THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- California — No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.
- Connecticut — No sales without a valid permit.
- Alaska — No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
- Hawaii — No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
- Illinois — No sales to the city of Chicago or Cook County. All other Illinois residents must email us a copy of their FOID card in addition to their State ID. Ammunition must ship to an address on one of these ID's.
- Massachusetts — No sales. We will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
- Maryland — No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
- New York — No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs. Starting January 1st, 2014 all ammunition must be sent to a FFL.
- New Jersey — When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID. We must ship to the address on the FID.
- Puerto Rico —No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
- Washington D.C. — No sales. We will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia.
This is not a comprehensive list, but is meant as a guide. It is in no way meant to include all laws and restrictions across the United States. Please contact the authorities in your area for any possible restrictions.
Other Ordering Restrictions
- Alaska — No tannerite sales.
- Hawaii — No magazines greater than 10 rounds. No AR or AK pistol sales.
- Maryland — No tannerite sales.
- Massachusetts — No sales.
- Minnesota — The following firearms are prohibited in the state of Minnesota: GSG Rimfire pistols, Walther Rimfire Pistols, Cobra, Phoenix Arms, and Heritage Arms.
- Vermont — No rifle magazines over 10 rounds will be shipped as of April 13, 2018. No pistol magazines over 15 rounds effective immediately.
- Washington D.C. — No sales.